There’s no doubt about it–winter is upon us. Are the frigid temperatures and stormy weather getting you (and the fam) down? Never fear–your kid-friendly comfort food restaurant round up is here! Check out some of our cozy, comfort food favorites, guaranteed to keep the whole clan happy:
- The Warren Tavern, Charlestown: Take a trip back in history (and gain a little perspective on the cold) while you imagine what it was like to brave the winter weather with nothing but a couple of fireplaces to keep you warm. Beyond the history lesson, you’ll find tasty pub fare and a cozy atmosphere.
- Crow’s Landing, Hingham/South Shore: With stick-to-your-ribs favorites like Buffalo mac and cheese, thin-crust pizzas, burgers, salads and more, there’s sure to be something for everyone at this kid-friendly South Shore favorite. Even better–the crisp and delicious fries are baked…so you can indulge with less guilt.
- Five Horses Tavern, South End and Davis Square: With a beer selection to please mom and dad, tasty comfort food and changing tables in every bathroom, what’s not to love at this kid-friendly pub?
- New England Soup Factory, Brookline and Newton: This is one of our all-time favorites for wintertime take out, with some of the best chicken soup around. But don’t just grab what’s on the menu today–check out the freezer section and stock up for those times when it is -10 degrees outside and you just can’t drag yourself out of the house. Feel like venturing out? While the kid-friendly amenities are lacking in Brookline, the Newton location offers more space, plus a bathroom with a changing table.
- The South End Buttery, South End: Whether popping into the cafe and bakery for a quick and casual lunch, or snuggling into the fireplace-filled dining room, this kid-friendly neighborhood favorite serves up comfort food, baked goods and more, with a cozy, South End charm.
- For more kid-friendly, comfort food restaurant options, click here.
What’s your favorite winter comfort food spot?