While many families hit the road for the 4th of July holiday weekend, we love to celebrate our nation’s birthday right here in Boston. Besides the world-class fireworks and Boston Pops show on the Esplanade, there are plenty of tasty ways to celebrate the 4th:
- Hang out at the nation’s most beloved ballpark: the Red Sox are in town and tickets are available from the box office (the upside of a team that’s stinking up the joint). They aren’t doing so hot, but there’s some great food and adventure in/around Fenway. Check out kid-friendly Eastern Standard Kitchen and Bar, Sweet Cheeks Q, or Mei Mei Street Kitchen.
- Grill it up: Craving a backyard BBQ but without all the work? Head to Kirkland Tap & Trotter for a July 4th Party Pack. For $60, KT&T will send you home with house-made kielbasa (uncooked), pretzel buns, KT&T ballpark mustard, pickles, slaw, farmers’ market vegetable salad and oatmeal-walnut cookies for four. Or have someone else do all the work by heading over to kid-friendly Back Deck.
- Dinner with a view: Make it a memorable 4th of July with dinner with views of boats, water, the city and fireworks. Snag a reservation at one these restaurants with the best views in town (via Eater Boston).
- Watch 4th of July Fireworks: Older kids and future pyrotechnicians will want to catch the fireworks show. Head over to these prime spots to catch fireworks around Boston (via Boston.com). If you’re headed to the Esplanade, you can grab some burritos from KidNosh favorite El Pelon Taqueria, they will be selling food at The Esplanade all day.
- Fireworks-free celebration: Fireworks can be scary for kids, not to mention past their bedtime. There are plenty of activities all weekend long without fireworks for families. Check this round-up here from Mommy Poppins Boston.
Have a safe, fun and tasty 4th!