Make Father’s Day an Adventure in Food and Fun
Summer is finally here, and if the dads in your life are like most guys, they love to grill. But even the most talented of grill masters likes a break every now and then, and we think Father’s Day is the perfect time to give dad the day off and take him out and about for great food and fun adventures. So grab your favorite dad(s) and borrow one of our ideas below for fun, food and festivities that are kid-friendly and celebrate dad.
- Father’s Day Cookout at Clink/Liberty Hotel – held at the Liberty’s beautiful courtyard. Features all-you-can-eat meats, live raggae, hand-crafted cocktails for dad. Kids under 13 are free! Get the scoop>>
- Father’s Day Bluegrass Brunch at Beat Hotel – perfect brunch for adult and kids with live bluegrass. You and dad can explore Harvard Square before or after, stroll down the Charles, or just pick a corner and people watch. Complete review of Beat Hotel >>
- BBQ and Fenway Park – The Red Sox are out of town, so it is the perfect time to get a tour of Fenway Park. Once you’ve worked up an appetite scaling the Green Monster, head to Sweet Cheeks Q for some good ‘ol Texas BBQ.
- Have a picnic! Pack a picnic lunch with sandwiches from Nashoba Brook Bakery and rent a Kayak or Canoe from South Bridge Boat House and discover a perfect picnic spot along the Concord River.
- Enjoy the Outdoors with a Cocktail and Cornhole – Visit Rivershed in Scituate and spend the day on their newly renovated, kid-friendly patio, which boasts BBQ and burgers, cocktails, craft beer, a kids play area, cornhole and picnic tables.
Building your own adventure? Let us know what you find. Happy Father’s Day!